AltaFlo™ Ultra High-Rate Thickeners / Clarifiers
AltaFlo™ slurry thickeners are available in several sizes, general or seismic design, with options including local control panel, bed level sensor and pressure transmitter.
For complete elimination of the slurry pond, a PHOENIX Belt Filter Press or Filter Press may be added downstream of the AltaFlo™ Thickener to dewater the thickened slurry.
Features & Benefits
- Thickener design provides water clarification while thickening slurry from wash plants
- High underflow solids for reduced or eliminated slurry pond storage area
- Low installed cost for minimal capital investment
- Internal dilution and settling zone provides optimum, efficient flocculation
- Small footprint requires little space and provides lower installation cost
- Deep sidewall & steep conical bottom provides consistently thick underflow
- Rake-less design with no moving parts requires little to no mechanical maintenance
Free Settling Zone
Slurry sinks, solids settle out, water enters clear water zone, coarse conglomerates sink & smaller particles enter cone.
Hindered Settling Zone
Settling solids fluidized by displaced water. This water is removed by the dewatering cones.
Solids flow down, consolidate & compact, excess water is released.
Underflow is consistently thick.
Floating Floc Bed
Clear water rises past the feed cone resulting in a floating floc bed to ensure clear overflow.
- Thickening & Clarification
- Dewatering & Liquid-Solid Separation