The HYDROSORT™ Classifiers consistently produce high quality spec sand from variable quality raw material and are an integral component to a plants sand processing equipment.
Features & Benefits
- Automated process control maintains separation / classification efficiency with varying feed and provides adjustable cut sizes
- Upward current water distribution provides direct control of overflow stream quality
- Compact, vertical flow design requires less space and support steel versus classification tanks
- Cylindrical tank design avoids channeling
- Underflow discharge valves with non-fouling nozzle array for clog-free operation
Slurry is fed into the top of the Classifier where it encounters the fluid bed of particles near the cut size.
Fine sand particles resist joining the fluidized bed and discharge through the overflow launder.
Coarse sand is discharged through valves at the bottom of the unit.
Water is continuously fed to the unit.
Water inlets provide the upflow of water.
- Density Sorting
- Dewatering & Liquid-Solid Separation